Monday, March 28, 2011

The drive




I am only beginning to understand all the things that have happened in the last week, having the smallest of realizations, little by little. Chatting with my roommate about spring break has left me with one of these little thoughts.

I cannot believe that the 15 hours to Boise and the 15 hours back to Irvine saw absolutely no driving or car troubles at all (to my knowledge at least heh)! Sure we hit a little snow up in the mountains of Nevada, but the car didn't break down, we did not get a flat tire, we never ran out of gas, and we always had fabulous drivers (heehee).

I realized that around 4AM on Sunday morning, the 20th of March, there was a storm that hit Orange, CA. According to the roommate report, it was a pretty bad thunderstorm, enough to wake her; according to my parents, it was raining cats and dogs in San Diego later in the week as the storm moved around SoCAl. At 4AM on that Sunday morning, we were just about loading the van and driving off. There was no rain. Obviously it was dark so maybe we missed the ominous, looming clouds, but I can't help but wonder if it's all by the grace of God that we were able to leave before things got messy.

I remember praying a lot for a safe drive up because of the long hours, which meant a higher probability of something going wrong. But hey, we were able to leave a storm in the dust and that is awesome. Just want to say, yeah God, you are way cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment